1 16 Oz can red kidney bean
1/4 Cup chopped onion
1/4 Cup chopped green peppers
2 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp cumin
1 pork chop (seasoned with salt And pepper) or 1/2 Cup cooking
ham, cut in medium size pieces
1 tbsp beef base
3 Oz tomato sauce (not the one you use for pasta)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 Cup Pumpkin cut in med
5. Add the beans And pumpkin And
cook on med for 20 minutes, stirring
constantly so the beans wont stick to
the bottom of the pan
6. After 20 minutes your beans should
be think and ready to find rice !!
1. Make sure everything (onions, etc.) is cut And open
(the can of beans And tomato sauce).
2. Heat the vegetable in a small sauce pan (med -
high), add the ham or pork chop And cook till golden,
mix well (2 or 3 minutes).
3. Lower temperature to (med low). Add onions,
peppers,cumin And season with salt And pepper, mix
well. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the beef base, tomato sauce And cilantro. Mix
well And cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
This is your base of flavor
In Puerto Rico its a custom to tell people when they are eating "buen provecho", I
don't think there is a perfect translation, but it means "I hope your meal is good",